A Journey Unfolding
Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Operation Occupation


I've been quite occupied with many good things, but my time to catch up on other good things, like updates on this here blog, has greatly diminished.

My dearest and best friend Misty (yeah, that's you punky) came to visit July 28 through August 6, which was such a blessing. Our times together are always like fresh air to my soul and we were grateful to have a lengthy visit. This picture is of me and Misty at the Hollywood Bowl before a "Sound of Music" performance there. It's a fun venue, huge, but fun. We got to do lots of great things together, like kick it at Disneyland and generally just raise the roof on FUN!

The morning after she headed back home, our team here at the L.A. office, headed to our Oklahoma City offices for a prayer breakfast and some strategic planning and visioning meetings. It was a super beneficial time and quite fruitful really. I felt privileged to be a part of the trip and remain grateful to be an intregal part of such a tremendous company, one that functions with integrity and stewardship and seeks to honor God in all decisions and responses.
Also, these days, I'm in the middle of a move. I'm traveling east, or at least I think it's east. Man, do I need to get my GPS up and running or what? I wish I was moving north (as back to Oregon) but for now, I'm stickin' to the Southern California region.

Yep, I'm moving again. The lovely home I've been at for almost a year and a half will no longer be called home for me. (For those of you who send me mail ... wait, nobody sends me mail ... my mailing address will remain the same.) My friends, who are still very much family have been nothing but generous and always welcoming the time I've been integrated into their home. Now, they reclaim their whole home. Additionally wonderful is how God has orchestrated this opportunity for me. I get to move into this beautiful home my other generous friends are allowing me to house-sit at, for the next 5 1/2 months, while they are trekking around Australia. It will be a good time and I'm pretty stoked about the chance to be there. I'll be joined by another woman who is being blessed by this opportunity so that will be fun as well!

On the church front, my wonderful little community, full of such fun and attitude, had our first installment of salsa dancing lessons last Friday. It was a blast. We were sweating and grooving at our terrific Loft space, getting professional instruction from two of Basileia's own and it was just great. God has found the right church for me, that's all I have to say...

Well, it's off to PULSE at the Loft now... "Groanings which cannot be uttered are often prayers which cannot be refused." - Charles Spurgeon

And an unfortunately timely quote for all those who serve the cause of True Freedom, and for their families -

"I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom." - Abraham Lincoln



Maria at 6:56 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Sheri said...

love it maria ... or better yet ... love you! So, where exactly are you moving to for those of us who are still learning southern cali??

12:16 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

Thanks girl, love you too! =)

Moving to Chatsworth, near Woodland Hills, Granada Hills area. Off the 118. I guess it's considered "The Valley". Whatever it is, I'm grateful!

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home