A Journey Unfolding
Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Half past 12

Midnight voices. Lingered stillness - drowning out despair. You speak. Echo forth your bolder greatness. This quiet knowing, I find relief.

Speaking over my slumbered soul, I find You in this quiet. My heart is taken. This familiar place, where I believe. Your love covers my shame. Your heart knows my name - and I am sure of this one thing.

It's your love, and it alone that calls me home. It's your hunger for my soul and all within, that saturates the darkness, shatters all my weakness, and causes what beauty is in me - to be.

Childhood dreams, catch up to speed, come within reach. I'm on my knees. No need to beg, yet come and say, Daddy please. Would you show me the love that conquers the deafening clamor, bring rest to this striving that longs for completion, for that which crowds me at night? I am found alone in your sight.

Hide me in the mysteries of wonder, safeguarding all that I ponder. Discovery in all that is Yours, sure that you meet me, where these voices lay there heads to rest at the midnight hour.


C. S. Lewis - A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling 'darkness' on the wall of his cell...


Maria at 7:01 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home