A Journey Unfolding
Monday, June 04, 2007

my new granny

so when i went to go pick up a sandwich from togo's just a bit ago, what little remained of my heart to be stolen was captured by this little rescue puppy, all sad and lonely and adorable and this amazingly beautiful, wee, black woman, named elizabeth, who is at least 6 inches shorter than me, 85 beautiful years old and homeless. i want her to be my granny and tell me stories about her undoubtedly remarkable existence, around her campfire...

she lives in downtown l.a., so maybe i can see her again.... ahh, the glorious pain...

my sandwich sucked but everything else about that venture cross the way pretty much made my day!


Maria at 3:37 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger Fade to Black said...

This rips little places in my heart that make room for the Spirit to weave into me, more mercy and compassion. I have so little. Thank you for being such an inspiration.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Don't you say that you have so little. I've learned from your lovely heart sweet Mom of mine...

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home